Wednesday, March 30, 2011

'Time Flies - Watch parts for Art Journals and Altered Book Pages!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes

Howdy and Welcome,

Last Friday, Mar 25, I started deconstructing a bunch of antique and vintage watches that I'd bought ages ago. Used my hubby's precision screwdriver set and my jewelry magnifying lamp. Also, took apart a couple of broken kitchen timers.






These are the only parts I could unscrew - the screwdriver set I used was way too flimsy. So I ordered a different precision tool set online which should arrive shortly. Had a great time taking the watches apart! Planning to use the parts on my art journal pages and AB pages.

Would love to see your comments about this post. Have you ever disasssembled watches, timers or clocks?

Thanks for stopping by - and stay tuned for my 100th post Giveaway coming very, very, very, soon!

Peace,
LuLu

1 comment:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

yummy! i just love the art i see that uses watch parts. i'm sure yours will be fantastic! i wish i had some watches to take apart!

Search Internet