Wednesday, February 8, 2017

'The Case of the Missing Planner!' - Part 1

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes


Howdy and Welcome,

How many of you readers love blank books and journals?

I am guessing that, some of you, like me, have a penchant for blank books, you have a stash of blank books, and, maybe even, have an obsession for blank books.

I have so many, too many, blank books. There are blank books everywhere. Blank books in nooks and crannies in my home studios. Blank books strewn around my offsite studio, The SPlayce.

There are blank books that I bought at the store. There are blank books that I made. There are so many, too many, blank books that I can't even keep track of them anymore.

There are spiral bound books, there are travelers notebooks, there are sewn binding books, and there are blank pamphlet books. There are blank books with all kinds of bindings.

There are blank books I use for journals, there are blank books I use for diaries. There are blank books I use for ideas,  there are blank books I use for Bujo Collections. There are blank books I use for sketching, there are blank books I use for fiber arts notes. There are many, too many, blank books I use for all the notes and drawings and ideas and plans I have.

There is one, very special, blank book that I recently bought before the holidays. It's the Passion Planner that I earmarked for consolidating my lifetime goals. Goals that I have amassed over the years on sticky notes, composition books and Excel spreadsheets.



I discovered this book after watching countless planner videos on YouTube. I searched reviews for this particular book. It met all my criteria for organizing my goals - plus it had a gorgeous embossed cover that I even colored with my alcohol inks. It was a pretty turquoise pleather - soft, and pliable - with thick paper, to prevent bleed through and 'ghosting'. It was on sale as a limited edition.


It became my favorite blank book. So favorite that I put it in a very, very safe place.

Or so I thought...



YOUR TURN

Have you heard of the Passion Planner? Do you use blank books or planners? If so, what's your favorite store bought planner or blank book? What is your fave DIY binding technique for your DIY planner.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check out my upcoming giveaway post in the right sidebar!

Peace,

LuLu

P.S. I don't work for Passion Planner - I just like their blank books.

continued in Part 2

1 comment:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOL, I know all about blank books! I have dozens! And yes I admit, I have a problem hoarding them and never using them! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Loving that embossed cover! I'm off to read part two!

Search Internet